Monday 15 November 2010

Baby it's cold outside...

Well, at the moment it's actually quite mild but we did have some frosty nights already. So I thought I'd better prepare for the cold winter here at the Baltic Sea and knit some mittens for me. I had some acrylic yarn left over. Although this yarn is really cheap, it knits wonderfully and is soooo soft. Perfect for experiments and perfect for throwing in the washing machine. I used the pattern for the Karisma mittens but as many others I changed the top a bit to suit my short fingers. I am very happy with how they turned out and I think they will get a lot of use this winter.

Na gut, im Moment ist es eher mild, aber wir hatten auch schon ein paar frostige Nächte. Also dachte ich mir, bereite ich mich lieber auf einen kalten Ostsee-Winter vor und stricke ein Paar Handschuhe für mich. Ich hatte etwas Acryl-Garn übrig und obwohl das Garn sehr preiswert ist, strickt es sich wunderbar und ist soooo kuschlig weich. Ich habe das Strickmuster für Karisma Mittens benutzt, aber wie viele andere auch, habe ich die Spitze abgeändert, um sie meinen kurzen Fingern anzupassen. Ingesamt bin ich sehr zufrieden und denke, dass sie diesen Winter viel zum Einsatz kommen werden.

Pattern: Karismalapaset/Karisma mittens by Iida Glumoff
Yarn: Super Preis (Müller Drogerie) Uschi Wolle, Colour 21, 100% Polyacryl
Needles: 4,0 mm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...